Steve and Tania (S&T) are committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected and any information you give us is held securely. You can be assured that we will only use any data you give us in accordance with this privacy statement and with the requirements laid down by law in the Data Protection Act (DPA) 1998, The Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations (PECR) 2003 and the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) 2018.
What data do we hold?
The data we hold may come from any of the following: website signup forms, wedding fair contact forms, online or paper booking forms, wedding detail forms, phone/email enquiries, surveys, feedback requests, offers provided by us and from time to time, information supplied to us by Sussex Wedding Magazine.
Where do we hold your data?
Your given data is stored electronically on our personal computers and in paper form in a locked area.
We also use the following third-party systems:
- Zenfolio – We use this online photo gallery system to provide customers with a web gallery of images (if agreed). It does not contain any personal data other than the name of the couple, the wedding date and the images themselves
- Jotform – We use this form for general enquiries and collect only information pertinent to allow us to ascertain if we are available and to respond to the enquiry.
What do we do with your data?
We use your given data for the following reasons:
- Internal record-keeping and to administer any service you have booked with us, including follow up activities.
- From time to time we may send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting, using the email address you have provided and given us consent to use.
How long do we keep your data?
We will only retain your given data for the minimum time that is necessary. For some purposes such as our business accounting obligations, this length of time will be determined by legislation.
How can you control your data?
The following rights mean you can choose to control the collection or use of your personal information at any time:
- Right to withdraw consent, data retention and the right to be forgotten - If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct-marketing purposes but would like to withdraw that consent, or would like us to delete all data we hold, you can request this by emailing us on email@example.com. We will comply with your request within one month of receiving it. Please note, there may be certain circumstances such as a legal obligation we may have, that mean the right to be forgotten cannot be implemented but we will inform you of this should you contact us on this basis.
- Right of access to your data - You may request details of the personal information which we hold about you by emailing us on firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Right to rectification of inaccurate data - If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please email us on email@example.com. We will promptly rectify any information found to be incorrect.
- We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.